Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

  1. #21
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post

    ABG- Can you post some photos ?
    I don't have the horns in my possession yet. I'll see if I can grab the auction house pictures later this evening...... it's not as easy as right clicking and saving.

    Given the news that they're not really the best for a livingroom, even among this crowd, I thought maybe I'd just try to sell them right away. Although, this idea of using a small cone driver is pretty interesting.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    EV HR4020 are pretty good sized.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #23
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    42

    43

    44

    As you can see, they're not the original white, but flat black.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #24
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    Yeah looks like some of the paint is flaking off.So they may clean up nicely.. Massive horns though.. Yikes ! You would need a pretty big living room for those Monsters...

  5. #25
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Yeah looks like some of the paint is flaking off.So they may clean up nicely..
    Any suggestions? While the paint may be flaking, I don't know if that means getting them back to white would be anything but a pain. I thought about just hitting them with more flat black.

    Massive horns though.. Yikes ! You would need a pretty big living room for those Monsters...
    Which is why I'm having second thoughts about this whole thing. I don't have a big living room, and I was looking at my speaker corners....... I don't have the depth. The left horn would partially interfere with the kitchen door! With drivers, these are almost 5 feet deep!
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #26
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    They are fiberglass correct ?

  7. #27
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    They are fiberglass correct ?
    All the ones I have seen are. A good paint stripper would get the paint off, but flat black is easier.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    All the ones I have seen are. A good paint stripper would get the paint off, but flat black is easier.
    Yes, fiberglass. I wasn't sure if stripper would hurt whatever was underneath, and maybe the fiberglass itself.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  9. #29
    HB Super Moderator
    OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    Acetone maybe...Just don't use that near plastic.Acetone could be used as a plastic cement.Or as OG suggested a good paint stripper,just try it in a inconspicuous place first.

  10. #30
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Thoughts on the EV HR4020?

    There are soy based paint strippers that work well.
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.